Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pinterest..how you sometimes make life easier!

I know many of us use it. I planned Wyatt's entire party this way. Gathering ideas, games, decorations, etc. I loved it and it probably made me do much more than I would have before Pinterest days!   I can't imagine planning a wedding with this social media source. I ripped pages out of magazines and printed pictures off the internet and put them into a binder and become overwhelmed with so many ideas. I can't imagine it now! HA!  I know our relationship is a love hate. I love the creative ideas, yet wonder how in the heck they even came up with them! I also want the messy house or kitchen..let me see those real pictures! HA!

I have always liked collecting recipes and will use them as a guide. I am not one to measure precisely or at all the majority of the time. I think that is because my Mema didn't measure, she taught my dad and the both of them taught my mama. I mainly learned from my mama, but have watched my mama, Mema, Mom (my mama's mom), and Connie cook over the years. I am a master at taking a recipe and making it healthier. Our friends and family know this and some love it..while others prefer the original. :)
That said I get into the rut as everyone else and cook the same things. Due to my tiny kitchen and limited space, I find myself making things with minimal prep and ease. Before Pinterest I would look through my paper copies, cookbooks, and online for recipes weekly but would get frustrated with the organization. I found myself printing or writing them down and they would go into my cookbooks. With the combination of the Kindle and Pinterest I have expanded almost on a weekly basis. Whoo Hoo. I also think having to feed Wyatt has made a difference. I never made lunch before and would go to a quick wrap or veggies. I am not saying I cook for lunch now however, I do get great ideas from Pinterest.

Anyway, here are a few of the ones I have "made" and we have enjoyed. Who can't use a few new ideas for breakfast, snacks, lunch, and dinner?  In all of these if it called for beef I used turkey or chicken.

Crock-pot Pulled Pork with Caramelized Onions- I made this on the stove and it was a lot faster

Sloppy Joes II- I used turkey and whole wheat sandwich bread. 

Breakfast or Lunch Parfait

Lunch ideas for everyone

Apple sandwich with granola, peanut butter, and chocolate chips. I just put this in a bowl and chopped up the apple.

Lunch Ideas - lists with more ideas and details

Skillet Pork Chops

Grilled Pork Chops With Sesame Slaw

Veggie Stuffed Peppers- I added ground turkey and didn't use cheese

Brown Beans and Cornbread - I used ham and we had ham slices..

There you go..now off to figure out what is for dinner. Yum-o!

0 comments: