Friday, November 16, 2012

Benjamin

Today I am thankful for my brother: Ben, Ben-jam-in, Ben-jama-rama-lama-dingdong (he loves his nicknames). We are 22 months apart and growing up people always mistook us for twins.  He is a really good older brother. Protective, loving, funny, smart, strong, sweet, and kind.




Growing up we played together a lot: basketball, riding bikes, playing in the cellar, "underground railroad", making secret maps and clubs, played in the  upstairs jail part of daddy's office, had races, climbed in trees, pushed each other on the swings, annoyed each other, he played with dolls and I played cars and Castle Grayskull,  made movie theaters, swam like fish all summer, explored the land, etc. I know my memories are full of fun times..though you did put that penny in the fish tank :)
 He was protective in ways I never knew. I lived with him while I was in grad school and one of my favorite things he has said regarding us, was that he was going to always check out the guys I dated... you know as every older brother does. Then he confessed one day that I always dated guys that were way bigger than him. LOL! It made me laugh out loud because Daniel and I had just met and he really did have a point.


I love that we have a good relationship, and of course we have had our disagreements...what siblings haven't. I know I am super lucky to have grown up with and still have such a great brother. I love the daddy he is to his kiddos and the uncle he is to Wyatt. He has always supported me through my school, work, relationships, and adventures.

 "To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time."
 
 I feel so blessed to have grown up an older brother! Love you Ben-jam-an! See you soon!
 

0 comments: