Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Family Traditions.

 I am so thankful and grateful that I grew up in a family that made special memories and had traditions. To name a few of things: trout fishing on Little Red River, camped, to White Water, Silver Dollar City, vacationed at Possum Kingdom Lake, playing horse or any other 4 or 5 letter word, visited family in Dallas, hiked on the mountain land, hiked on the land around the house, played in the creek, fished on the river and at the pond, hiked and stayed in the cabins at White Rock, moved the sequined cow ornament around on Mom's tree, attended Razorback games, Horsehead and Shores lake, Hot Springs, high school football games, track meets, fort and mud pie making, putting buttons on our stockings, many a baskeball game at Altus with mama, sledding,  haunted houses, gardening, riding bikes to the Steam Plant and River, family runs, leaving cookies for santa, Sunday visits with Mema, sleep overs, target practice, family move night, swim meets, helping daddy after a hunting trip, always having bird dogs and watching daddy train them, finding the perfect tree on our land and decorating it, fun gift for Ben and I on Christmas eve, school plays, art projects with mama, making our costumes and special trick or treating places, and had many fun "family" dinner and parties with friends are all things we did often or yearly.  It was typical for every Easter and Thanksgiving to be spent with my dads side in Van Buren at Aunt Phil and Uncle Johnny's and Christmas in Dallas at Mom and Pops. New Years was spent at home or Mema's and we would always watch the Ball Drop on TV.  I have many fond memroies with my family that I hold dear to my heart and each of the above brings about several special specific memories that we always did as well.

When Daniel and I got married we started creating traditions including pumpkin patches, Possum Kingdom lake trips, mountain biking, snowboarding trips, hiking, lunch date Friday, we follow the traditional anniversary gift idea, pictures each year for our cards, family runs, Hershey's jumping events, remake the topper of our cake, cartoon family drawings, etc. to name a few,  Now that we have the kiddo they seem to be even more important. Since the holidays are approaching I have been thinking about more traditions for our little family and I have several I hope to start this year.  I can't wait..but for now, I am just thankful that I grew up in a family that cherished and created new traditions.

What are your family traditions?

Boo!

snow fun
fishing
Just because...we still love Hershey and Chance!
Possum Kingdom lake fun probably around 86




0 comments: