Thursday, January 30, 2014

Suprise Suprise

Today D is officially finished with graduate school! He checked this morning to make sure his final paper was approved. He let out a Whoo Hoo and was out off to work! W and I had plans to meet him for lunch. I mentioned to W that we would take a cookie cake and balloon to the office to celebrate at lunch. All morning "Get Daddy a baalllooonnnn..Mama!" 
I ultimately changed my mind and decided that since W has been sick most of the week we shouldn't go out to eat. Driving to town, I came up with the idea of a mini celebration! Of course the wind was crazy hard today but, I braved it toddler in tow to get cupcakes and a balloon...which if you have ever done this you know is not an easy feat. Of course no close parking spots! I almost panicked when all I saw were Valentine balloons and something with Elmo. LOL!
Anyway, D had no idea and W walked down the hall carrying the balloon.  I was in tow with pizzas, cupcakes, plates, etc. D was certainly surprised and said "Oh fun!"  The Congrats on your MBA party was a success and we celebrated with a few of the other therapists!!
 




Yes I made him take this picture! :)

D words can not express how proud of you I am. Going about this degree the way you did was not easy. W was still an infant when you started and you really didn't take any time after your Bachelors degree to breath.  I know it wasn't easy balancing full-time travel, constantly transitioning jobs, having an infant, and a family..but YOU DID IT! You even became a Rehabilitation Director and we kept on moving! LOL! Like I said earlier, I am bursting with pride! Whoo Hooo!!!

Most of you may not know this however, since meeting Daniel he has been in school of some sort. We are beyond ready to have a point in our relationship where he does not have school to worry about. We have made time to enjoy life, travel, and play...but we are really ready to start living it up! (Yes, you know we will go Snowboarding soon and NO W is not old enough!)

I love you D! You are an inspiration to many! Serving in the Navy, working for a few years, then ultimately deciding to go back to school while supporting yourself. You have worked our way up and are a true testament of hard work and that you can do anything you set your mind too. You are the first in your family to get an Associates, Bachelors, and now an MBA! I know your family is proud and mine is even prouder. Hold your head high Daniel, you did this...YOU DID THIS!!! I love you and can't wait to watch you walk across the stage!!!

Now wipe those tears, go play trucks with W, finally plan all those hunting trips, and watch some DIY Network! I love you and can't say it enough..you DID THIS!

0 comments: