Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Keeping busy while D has conference calls...


Almost every night Wyatt and I play with flashcards to keep him busy while D is on a 2 hr call. We have about 10 sets of various cards, but lets be honest you can only look at bears, girls, chairs (or as he call them sit downs), cats, colors, trees, numbers, shoes, etc so many times. He will typically say whatever the item is and then add a little something like "Sthwings Wee Mommy" or "Duck, Waack, Waack", "Aaaplle, Mmm Mama" LOL! I never have any idea what fun comment will follow. We will also sing songs based on what is in the picture. Like a Circle turns into Cindy Circle.etc
 I also use this time to work on pronunciation, show him letter sounds, counting, colors, etc. I know he is super young but we are trying to keep busy so why not!




 Anyway, I always throw in a few books or magazines (they are my favorite), randomly flip through them and let him discover/identify what is on the pages after a few sets of cards to keep it interesting. Tonight we came upon this as I was flipping the pages of Parents and he said "Mama" and pointed to this picture. I said "Who is that?"  "Mama that mommy!" I am not sure what to think! LOL!
 
Later we had moved on with another magazine. He picked up the Parents and said "Mama's picctaaaurrr" and looked until he found it! How did he remember? It always amazes me what his little mind can soak up. Every time as we flip through them I am almost surprised as he recognizes several different drawings, pictures, and a photo in a magazine and will be able to recognize it is the same item like a frog. It just impresses me how much kids soak up and learn at such a young age! He is growing up..smart boy! Sniff sniff! :)



0 comments: