Friday, May 4, 2012

New friends and sand castles

Last week Wyatt and I were pretty busy...sorry for a picture overload. I had a neurologist appointment in Dallas on Tuesday with plans to see friends and family while in town. The appointment went great with just a few tweaks in my treatment plan. Wyatt and I had enough time to hit up Whole Food before seeing the doctor and I was in heaven. I simply love really good food markets with yummy treats, a good health section, and any area where you can find something new! We left the doctor and headed over to Jill and Jay's to meet Mr. Preston. He is simply adorable and it is obvious Wyatt and Preston are going to be great buddies forever! I am sure Jill and I will be having lunch someday wondering how our boys grew up so fast! As a dear friend recently said..as they get older they create new and even more interesting circumstances for you (right Andrea?!) Thank you guys for letting us stay with you! We really enjoyed meeting the adorable little guy and spending time with you both! I hope I was helpful and that we get to see you guys again soon!




 The next day we headed to my grandmothers. My uncle was home from the hospital and she really wanted to see Wyatt. She was so nice to let me catch up on laundry...we had a lot! It started getting late so I decided to stay the night. I am pretty sure they didn't mind to have little guy around even longer than expected! Wyatt also waved for the first time to her neighbor Jane and she was in heaven! Thank you so much for letting us stay with you!
We meet Rebecca for lunch on Thursday before heading home. Grr for not taking a picture!  Anyway, its always a fun time when we see our Reb! It was a quick but enjoyable trip and I hope we can make it back soon to see our friends!

Friday we were busy getting ready for a day at the beach. We were taking Michelle's kids to Galveston along with Daniel's mother on Saturday and we needed all the essentials-sand toys, drinks, snacks, etc. We had a blast..to say the least! I know the kids had fun by the exhausted looks on their faces and the fact they went to bed earlier on Saturday. We really enjoyed watching Wyatt play with Jacob in the water as well as, in the sand. It was a busy trip watching 7 kids as all of them were constantly (it seemed) going in an opposite direction. The big kids boogie boarded and all the little played in the sand, sat at the edge of the waves, ran from the waves, buried themselves in sand, Wyatt took a nap, built castles, made a mermaid, carried water, screamed, enjoyed snacks, repeat, repeat repeat! After a fun filled day we had a delicious dinner at Chuy's! It was a great day and I know we will be going to the beach a lot this summer! Wyatt first experience was fantastic!













Sunday we were pretty lazy hanging out at Michelle's and it was fantastic! The little girls at one point were playing house with Hershey and Chance...it was hilarious. H and C were completely willing to take part. We had no idea what was happening and at point Hershey came  running into the room dressed up. She willingly kept going back to play if Chance did. They played for over an hour with the little girls while Jacob and Wyatt had some quality boy time!







I am so pretty!
Mary and kiddos we had a great weekend! We are so glad we were able to (hopefully) help you out a little and really run some energy out of the kiddos! It was a great weekend that we will never forget!


In case you can't tell..we decided to stay here another 3 months. Daniel is really enjoying this rotation. Everyone he works with is so nice and they genuinely care about Daniel and our family! We haven't had a bad experience in our travels but, this "small town" feel has been nice to hold onto for a while. We recently had our four year anniversary for both of us being full time travelers and to us...four years have flown! Thinking back on the places we have been, people we have met, and things we have done..simply amazing not always perfect adventure!  (I know some of you are ready for us to stop...but not just yet :) We are in summer mode and are looking forward to lots of first with Wyatt!
Now that you are up to date with us...What is going on with you? Whew..I need to remember to not wait until Friday night to post for a week..please ignore any errors! :) My eyes are twitching!
Hugs from us-
Melissa

1 comments:

Andrea said...

I just had to say-I am impressed with how quickly you got this blog up!