Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Fashion Show Model or Standing Star...

I totally thought I had blogged about THE runway appearance! HA! Wyatt was in a fun fashion show  in late April at the nursing home where Daniel is currently working. He wore one of Ben's (my brother's) outfits from when he was little and the crowd loved it! He completely stole the show with three outfit changes and Daniel said the residents still talk about him! Wyatt had so much fun and LOVED all the clapping, cheering, and hugs!  They love him so much that we are taking cookies to the residents for Mother's Day!




Last week we had the 9 month appointment. He weighed in at 24lbs and was 27 3/4 in long. The doctor said he is exactly where he should be if not above, in all areas developmentally and socially. We can't ask for more than a healthy happy boy!  So blessed!  He has continued to master crawling and is keeping me on my toes! HA! In reality,  I know we have no idea what is to come..so for now I am enjoying the few moments of down time and the fact that the gate still keeps him contained away from the steps (yes we have steps), puppy food, door, and water!

Also last week the kiddo started pulling up with our assistance. I am pretty certain he loves seeing things from a new view, as he is trying so hard to pull up on his own. We don't really have a good place for him to do this..so I put several books in the ottoman and so far so good. He has tried on the recliners..they rock, his toy boxes are wicker so they give...little guy has learned this box is best!

 We also started a rock band..many of you know this joy! Although if I don't have a headache I do love it! :)



Daniel and Wyatt had lots of daddy/son time this weekend. Friday D took Wyatt to do something for mothers day and I was child free for half a day! It was fantastic!!! It really is a lot faster and easier to shop without the kiddo! Saturday I woke up with a migraine, so Daniel took Wyatt for the morning while I slept! Daniel is fantastic with Wyatt and it makes my heart explode with love to see how much he adores him. Daniel will sing and play..it is so cute! We spent the rest of the day shopping for a mattress and we are sleeping so much better!
We also discovered a love for bubbles and that Peek A Boo is so funny! Look at that face!  Bath time in the sink (at least in the 5th wheel is over) :( He's to long! HA! I ordered a special bath tub that will fit in the bottom of the shower, but for now a shower basin bath is working..

 It has been a week of new things. I love this stage....showing Wyatt things, seeing him react, singing songs, clapping, etc. Its so fun to see the joy he feels from such simple things!!! We know that each day he is learning so much and we are holding on for this fantastic ride!

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” –Mark Twain


Hope all is well in your area of the world and that you Explore.Dream. and Discover!
M

0 comments: