Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mothers Day Weekend mud run and this big boy is eating at resturants..

We decided a few weeks ago to complete a mud run on Mothers Day with Daniel's sister Michelle and her daughter M. This was going to be Michelle's first race and Daniel and I were excited to be doing it with her. They are moving soon and I knew this would be an opportunity to make as well as, capture some lifelong memories! Ok back to the story...We ran errands in preparation for graduation the next weekend and decided to stop at Chipotle on our way for lunch. Wyatt was hungry and I wasn't really prepared to feed him (as in I had nothing other than fruit). He was such a big boy eating beans, rice, and chicken from the restaurant and loved it. It made me happy and kinda sad to realize that this is a significant milestone change! :)



We got to Michelle's house, picked up the race packets, played, had dinner, put the kids and Daniel to bed, and before we knew it Michelle and I were up talking at almost 3 am. We both really enjoyed catching up and talking about their plans for the move to PA in a few weeks. I had taken the older girls out the night before to get something special for their mama and they surprised her with gifts on Sunday morning.  Side note**It totally cracked me up at the things a 13 and 9 yr old think their mom wants! Glitter nail polish, hair spray, deodorant, nail file, a tongue ring, toe rings, other random jewelry,  etc. I also have the realization that kids really have no idea what you already own or would want! I laugh because I know that I got my mom a laundry basket and hangers for her birthday one year and also made her the most hideous "dress" and never understood why she wouldn't wear it to work! *** I think it helped make her mothers day a little more special to know that we recognized her husband was out of town and did something just for her.

We arrived at the race early so the kids could ride rides,we could experience the festival, and have lunch.  Soon it was time for the race. Michelle and  M went first in a heat before Daniel and I;. We had to space out so we had someone to watch the kids. The course was fun and though it was a mud run it had rained a lot in the days before, so most of the course was very soft and kind of hard to run on. We went over  hay bales, through mud, under trucks in mud, through tires, and more. It was a fun day and a great way to support the Lions Club. The big and big little kids had so much fun playing in the water after the race! Wyatt and Jacob pretty much hung out in the strollers chillin!  This was my first race post pregnancy  and not my best..but I was proud of myself regardless! On that same note I felt accomplished. I have been doing races for years and have always wondered (I know it is probably a crazy trainer thing :) ) what it would be like to train every day with a kiddo in a jogger and then what that feeling of accomplishment would be like after said race is complete. IT.WAS.BETTER.THAN.I.THOUGHT!!! Anyway, we had a great time at the race, Michelle and M did great, and we enjoyed spending the day with you all! 









MMM...MUD!

Over the hay bales

Rinsing off and playing

After the race we headed out to a Mother's Day dinner at our fav Chuy's! Wyatt was a big boy again and had the yumminess that is Chuy's! We headed home pretty late and Hershey, Chance, Wyatt and Daniel surprised me with the most precious gift ever! My little guy loves his orange ball!

 I found a super cute picture on our small camera! Daniel took Wyatt one afternoon to "shop" for mothers day! I am so glad he took a few pictures - Seriously a daddy and his boy..look at how happy they are!

Michelle, we had a great weekend with you and I am so glad we were able to celebrate Mother's Day together! So...yes, my first Mother's Day was fantastic and exactly how I would have spent had I been able to do anything I wanted! Call me crazy but adventure, sweat, outdoors, music, and family...my thing! :) Who's in for the next race?

0 comments: