Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hay Rides and Hiking

Again with all the rain...but it then the heat and the frozen water pipes...Is this Arkansas? You know the joke..heater in the morning ac in the afternoon.
After a late workout on Friday, an almost weekly (almost obsessive) trip to Walgreen's, Daniel and I met up for dinner. We couldn't decide or find any place local and ended up at Fudruckers. It was yummy and we both opted for the grilled chicken.
On a total side note I don't think I have mentioned this before...For some reason I think that I have to look at the Walgreen's add every week even if I do not need anything. They have great deals on things you would not think of buying at a pharmacy. Start paying attention if you don't! Its a huge money saver lots of buy one get one free, combination offers, and instant rebates! I don't take advantage every week..but when I do its good!

Saturday we got up and headed to the gym for an extra long cardio session and weights. We ate at a new yummy local place called Noodles and Company. It was great and reminded me of Japan. Daniel is not a huge fan of Asian food but I can talk him into it every so often. (I jump at the chance for Sushi when Daniel is not around..oh how I love thee!) Daniel informed me he had a secret mission that needed immediate attention since we were downtown. Operation Secret Anniversary gift began with me in the truck. I had to promise I would not peak, listen, etc. He put a sweatshirt over my head, made me close and cover my eyes, and put on music as he took me in circles of downtown. Then he ran inside to finish the gift. All I know is we were in the location of a Pets Mart and Kinko's. I had to uncover my eyes he said it would be 5 min and it was more like 30. He has successfully totally thrown me off!
That night we met up with several people from Daniels work for a hayrack or hayride at Shady Acres. It was a lot of fun however, I was not a fan of the hay fights with other hay rides as we passed by. The weather was warm all day and cooling off that night and reminded me of hay rides at Ryan's when I was little. His family would always have a haunted ride with things to make you scream and feel of (grapes for eye balls)!

After the hayride we had a bonfire with all the works! I love burned marshmallows! Yum! However..if one were to look from a far at the situation there were about 40 bonfires with 30 people around each. I looked down onto the fires from a hill and it kinda scared me. It looked like a cult ritual from a distance. I can't wait to go back to Shady Acres and ride horses.

Sunday it was so cold 30 degrees, but that didn't stop us from going on a hike to the Louis and Clark Monument and Acre Lake. We took the dogs and froze but were determined to hike and see the area. My favorite part was convincing Daniel he was wrong and that I knew the sky line city we were viewing! He suprised me after our hike with a pumpkin to carve. Yippie!




So far this week..its been a busy one. Monday night our water froze. The temp was in the low 20's..that made me have a not so good morning along with the migraine I had for 2 days. We also have yet another leak in the slide..this time in the bedroom. Do you remember me talking about the rain? Yes it has been annoying. The earliest we could take it in was this Saturday and it just so happens that Daniels mom is coming on Thursday. So I have been frantically trying to get things packed, finish Daniel's anniversary gift, and get things ready for her to come. Daniel says he is getting a cold...I am not so sure! Then again when a man is sick..well poor baby!

Tonight an easy dinner..a pizza from Sam's! I finished cleaning, made a trip to Wal-Mart, took the dogs out to play, soaked black eyed peas, and carved our pumpkin. Ok Mary we are excited and ready for you...

1 comments:

Jenny said...

I was just reading about the deals at Walgreens. You sold it though!

I hope that the weather cooperates with you! I love hearing about your fall adventures!