Friday, October 24, 2008

Brr, Rain, Looking for Land, and Ladybug Invasion?

Last week was full of lots of rain (blah), fun, cold weather, rain(um yea), fun...Well you get the point.

Friday night we headed to the Old Market area for Mexican food at Trini's. It was so yummy but, I do have to say didn't compare to Chuy's in Austin. Oh and yes they had good salsa that I topped off the chicken tacos with! We did a little impromptu Christmas shopping in the cute boutique stores! It was so much fun and of course Daniel loves to shop! Picture this...a hungry man, cold temps, hungry Daniel, pretty twinkle, lights, starving Daniel, and many Friday night diners and shoppers! He thought it was heaven! Haha

Saturday we got up early for a trip that lasted all day! We drove all over south Iowa going to a triangle of towns. We stopped in several for lunch, to mingle, and get the word on the birds. It was actually a semi successful trip. We found an area that has birds and places to hunt. You know about thirty minutes up the road to the next town, near the railroad tracks, right by the lone wind mill, and you will see lots of those white energy mills as you pass the corn fields..Yea that land!! We were a little baffled by the directions but after about an hour drive north and east we found that lone wind mill and the land!
It is so nice to spend time together and to continue to get to know the area around us. I believe honestly we all get used to an area when we live there and do not take advantage of the fun things it has to offer until someone comes to visit or we move away and take a trip back. How many times have you discovered something new that your area has to offer?

Sunday Daniel and I finally got my birthday present..Yes it was a few months late but we found the perfect mountain bike. I was so excited to ride on Sunday. We went for a 2 hour ride through the back roads and corn fields. It was a a lot of fun and a workout. I would have to say one of the best parts happened when a Columbine (its Harvest time) was driving behind us down the dirt road. I felt like I was in the movie Cars. The scene where the asphalt smoother (Bessie I think) is driving down the road to catch..Lighting McQueen.. well you get the picture.. The man driving the Columbine sped up. I didn't think that was nice but Daniel and I were laughing so hard, we made it funny! When we got home we had a swarm of ladybugs inside and out so bad I thought Daniel was going to freak. He hats bugs with a passion!! We finally got them all out..so no worries! I even found a concoction on how to get rid of them including vinegar, dish soap, water, and sugar..kinda like the one that gets rid of fruit files. I also didn't' know that ladybugs have an oil they let off when you touch them and it stinks! Yuck! I still think they bring good luck but this was too much of a good thing!

Anyway, so everything is still great here in Omaha. Daniel is still enjoying his job but is so ready to go snowboarding. We are waiting (yes patiently) for the mountain to open here so we can get some time in. I know I am ready to have a snow ball fight! ;) Hope everyone is doing great! We miss all of you!


1 comments:

coble said...

Thank you for your comments and for keeping up with our blog. I love this blog world and being able to keep up with you guys and everyone else. HOpe you have a happy halloween. Laura