Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Astros home opener and Easter

The Friday night before Easter was the season opener for the Astros. If we are in the area we MuSt (per Daniel) go to several games. Daniel is a huge fan so much so, that he took off early on Friday for us to make it downtown to join in on the fun. I made a mistake when ordering tickets by not thinking about the sun for an evening game. It was hot! Like HOT like a mid summer game in Dallas that we experienced a few years ago. I even put Wyatt on top of the backpack, out of the sun, sitting on my feet using the shade of the seats in front of us. He didn't mind at all. We stripped him down to his onesie and he was good to go! The game was great..although the Astros lost to the Rockies in what could have been a great comeback. We stayed for the fireworks and they didn't even bother the kiddo! It was another great ballpark memory for us and Wyatt was a champ!We had plans to go to Austin over the weekend. So...Saturday we spent the entire day organizing our Cargo trailer. We haven't had the opportunity to drop off things into storage in 2 years ...this was an attempt at a massive load drop at storage. Success!

Easter Sunday the bunny left an Easter basket full of fun things for a boy of 8.5 months. He enjoyed a ball, bibs, new shirt, spoons, goldfish, and a puppet!He played with his new fun things for a few minutes and then we headed to Austin to Daniel's parents. It was nice to have the entire family together. The kids played, the adults talked, the kids hunted eggs, I took a million pictures...you know! HA! We haven't had all the grand-kids together in a long time, Daniel's mom wanted pictures, and I am the family photographer...so I kept my end! Wyatt was asleep during the egg hunt so Daniel and I put a few eggs in the grass that afternoon and he crawled for them..so cute! We also went with Michelle and her kids that afternoon to a bluebonnet field so I could take pictures of her kids. I got some great shots! I think she really likes them. I got a few of Wyatt and Daniel as well and had her take a few of us. I am finding that I am not ever in pictures, so I take an opportunity when I can to get a family picture. Our first Easter as a family of three was a success and I know we made some fantastic memories.

0 comments: