Monday, January 9, 2012

Week 1...as promised

Happy New Year! We were in Austin to celebrate the new year and Christmas with Daniel's family. (More on that in the long catch up post.) We spent new years eve with the Casey and Calvin, an evening out with dinner and a movie MI4. To be honest, I am not a movie person unless it is a good comedy...but I did however, enjoy this one. :) We had a fantastic time catching up! My parents (well really my mama) kept Wyatt for us at Ben and Ann's house. I am pretty sure she had lots of help.... however, she was the one that was still awake when we came to pick him up. She said he was fantastic and just slept, ate, played, then fell asleep after watching a little football. Leaving him for this long was a biggie as this was the longest time I would have been away from him. I did fine and only texted to say that I was putting my phone on vibrate. I am so glad he was good. Poor little guy is getting 4 teeth and has been a little grumpy. I don't blame him, I would be as well!! Thank you all for watching him. I know he was well loved and had a great time!

Sunday we met the Shellenberger family for lunch. We always love getting to see our friends while in town, though its always fast and furious. We also visited with my family before leaving and stopped by Casey and Calvin's house to pick up some yummy fish. Thank you to Daniel's mom for letting us come in again and spread out at your house!
This week has been very low key. We unpacked, played lots of fetch, spent a lot of time outside, played with new toys, and enjoyed being "home." I also worked on organization and a new layout of the 5th wheel. We really don't have that many options but, I wanted to try something new. Wyatt has lots of fun toys from Christmas and I really wanted to keep the bouncer inside instead of having to take it apart (which is easy but still) and store it in the cargo trailer every evening. I still have to take it apart due to space but, it is much easier to slide it in its new space inside! I figure I am always moving things around so why not continue :) I will post pictures when I am completely finished!

Daniel also started his last class! We celebrated with cheesecake after a hard week of his class. As what seems to the norm with school..this last class is the hardest! He can do it and I am so proud of him for what he is accomplishing!
Watching the Hogs play in the Cotton Bowl and take home a win!!

As for Wyatt he is a growing, cereal lovin, talking, rolling, stomach sleeping, bouncer loving, teething machine, that is trying to crawl and never stops moving. We. love. it! He is playing more and more with his toys and really enjoys the ones he can grasp and move on his own! He loves to giggle and will crack up over anything! He really is a lot of fun at this stage and I know it is going to get even better.

I will leave you with a predicament I caught Wyatt in this week...

Until next..or hopefully sooner if I can ever get all the pictures uploaded for the catch up post..live it up and stick your fingers in your nose!
Melissa

0 comments: