Friday, March 6, 2009

Back to Life, Back to Reality, Back to the...

So our "vacation" is over and we could not be happier to be "normal" again! It was not bad just the unknowing of when our split level would be fixed was a stressor! We finally heard the word on Friday it was going to be finished on time and we were like little kids! Saturday at the hotel for breakfast we had this..I have no words except only in Texas! haha
When we arrived back at the hotel just as they were making some improvements...Ok not really!

We packed our things from the week and headed to set up our home again. I had completely emptied the 5th wheel so I took the opportunity to pack things we do not need. The pile was not big but when you live in such a small space anything helps!

Total side note: I recently came across 6 For The Road on TLC and it has really made me think. I am amazed at how many families travel for work just like us. It is a total other way of living "full-timers" that we did not know existed until last year! Some traveling are retired, some like us young and married, some single, complete families, and some that live in one location! We are learn something new every day! Who knew that grippy stuff could be a necessity?

We decided in our travel time to see Body Worlds 2 and the Brain http://www.bodyworlds.com/en.html We got up on Sunday to head to Houston and I had a horrible headache but the kind you think is going to go away..Well it didn't! We arrived at the museum to see the line was a 4 hour wait to buy tickets. We were smart enough to buy them online and had tickets for 7:30 that night. By this time it was 3 and hungry had set in. We ate at Daniel's love Red Robin and I honestly don't remember it! ha I felt worse and worse and of course hit the bottom. On the way back to the museum (I insisted we stay because we missed it when Daniel was in school) I slept but woke up feeling a lot better! We both enjoyed the exhibit and to us it was amazing and educational. We can't wait to see another one of the Body Worlds exhibits.

I spent a good portion of last week recovering from Sunday and unpacking boxes. Its almost done! We did celebrate Fat Tuesday with dinner and Freddy (the other traveling therapist working with Daniel) and I made a King Cake!
Last weekend we headed to Austin for some packed in fun to see Ben, Ann, and her mom as well as Daniel's family,long time friends both Shellberger families, and the Tools! We had a great time guys! Ben and Ann thank you so much for letting us stay with you and letting our dogs play in the backyard with Lucy! We can't believe we had not been in Austin since New Years! We spent Saturday with the Tools riding our mini bike (so much fun) then out to dinner with the Toole's, Ben, Ann, and her mom! Again...a blast!! We met up with several other couples that night for a little dancing! Sunday we headed over the Daniel's parents for great barbecue. It was nice to catch up! Everyone is so busy with their little ones and we could not believe how much they have grown since January! It was so great to see everyone and thank you Mary and Leo for having us over!
Casey and I

Shelby and Terri

Casey and Calvin



We headed home on Sunday evening after a great weekend with summer clothes in possession! I am so glad I organized all our things when we put them into storage!! Your welcome Daniel!!! I made a trip back to Austin on Tuesday for a dentist and insurance appointment. Thank you so much Marie, Pete, and Fletcher for letting me stay with you! Marie and I had girl time catching up and working out like old times! Happy late birthday Fletcher! I can't believe you are already a year old!!
Daniel and Freddy had a guys night while I was in Austin and it sounds like they had fun as well!
I can't forget that Thursday was my little sis's birthday ..Happy Birthday Jen!
Hope you have a great day!!! Love you!

We can't believe we are right around a months mark of leaving! Where did this rotation go? Daniel has been talking to his recruiter so we should know (hopefully soon) our next location! We miss and love everyone!! Let us know how you are doing!
Look at what is blooming!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad to see that things are going well!

Jenny said...

So much to comment on...

LOVE the Texas waffles, lol.

I'd planned to make a King Cake this year but didn't get to it. Very cool!

Bluebonnet pictures are fantastic!

It looks like things are going well for you! Take care!