Monday, May 19, 2008

Oh My Goodness... Lake Fun and Quality Time


















We were at PK Lake last week and its amazing to me how much I love that place!! Its always hard to leave. We spent the first part of the week just us relaxing, playing with the dogs, and enjoying each other.

Many of you know we got engaged at the lake house, the 15th was our 2 year engagement anniversary, and we just marked 6 months of marriage. A few weeks ago in Dallas I learned that most people are doing the topper tradition when they return from their honeymoon or at 6 months. We decided our topper had traveled enough: Ozark to Austin, from our Apartment to Ben's, from Ben's to here, and it was time to take a bite of yummy goodness at PK! It was also Kylie and Brett's anniversary of being engaged for 6 moths on the 16th so perfect timing! Well thanks to Heidi W. (professional chef and always willing to answer any question about cooking) and her knowledge of wedding cakes she told me to wrap and keep wrapping the topper in foil! Who would have guessed..it tasted just fine! Thanks Heidi!

The longhorn and razorback were also in the box from the grooms cake. It was a little treat from Mama and Casey. Apparently at the wedding Casey and my mom were moving or shifting the topper and it rolled off the top of the cake and onto the table. My mom said they both had a look of..what just happened..
I think its hilarious! Thanks ladies!

Kylie, Brett, and Ozzie arrived on Thursday and my dad and Coco the puppy on Friday. It was doggie madness and they wore themselves out. We taught the dogs to fetch a ball way out in the water and it was neat to watch Hershey and Coco get better as the week went on.

The weather was perfect and made the trip so relaxing. It so nice to not be on a schedule or have any plans. It is so nice to lay in the water or on the dock and enjoy the waves. Anyone who has ever been to the lake house can attest to the continued swaying as if you are still on the dock. We had many ires in the pit at night and many stories were told. Its always fun to hear stories and adventures about everyone. The lake was a blast and we can't wait to go back!!!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

What a great time! I'm glad you got to enjoy the topper - ours died during Hurricane Wilma. It had been in my grandmother's freezer but didn't survive a week without power!

The Smith Family said...

Look at all the doggies! Great to find you on blogging world! Can't wait to see you again next month at Binns wedding!

Kristina

Rachel said...

I love your blog! Sorry its taken me a while to figure out you have one. Good thing I had some time to read it, because I had no idea that Kylie was engaged!

Mauree said...

I am glad I found your blog so I can read about your fun adventures throughout the year. What a neat opportunity!