Monday, July 7, 2014

Kite Watching

We made a quick trip down to see one of my college friends. Her family has recently moved to the the Houston area and I was determined to see them before we moved. In my mind I had made all kinds of fun plans for this summer...but alas we move.


 Just hanging out looking at the rocks and water!
 This little guy took to S's husband like a champ. He would take his hand and go on a walk with A and T with no problem. I was so surprised and it really did almost make me tear up..but on the same note it made me so proud. I love this family so much and it warms my heart that he does as well. I wish I would have snapped a picture but, I was so in the moment that I will never forget it! (Tear!) LOL! (This really is a big deal! I love that my little guy is shy and first but warms up..he is just warming up much faster. I also am amazed at how he remembers and doesn't need that warmup time the next visit!)
 Hey A lets take a break and watch the kites...Wait what are you doing?  A was trying so hard to get W to look at him. I have no idea what was going on in W's head but both of them were cracking up laughing!



We had so much fun spending the day catching up at their new place and ended the day in Herman Park with a picnic, letting the kids play, and watching kites! I loved meeting her little one who turned 1 on July!! She is such a great mommy and I enjoy watching friends become these amazing moms right before my eyes! Such a fun day with such a great friend. I know we will see each other very soon! These boys had such a great time!

When we got home he told daddy all about our day in his own special way. "Daddy I ride in mamas car to Houuuston to see S. Daddy I walk with T by pool. I watch kites in park. See trains. I eat lunch with mama and S. I ride in stroller and see water in park. I run in park. I play on A's car in the living room. I play with A's toys. I have a special treat cookie!" LOL! Love this age!!!!


0 comments: