Sunday, August 12, 2012

Connors Birthday Party


As previously mentioned my parents stayed with us the week after our trip to Port Aranasas. I neglected to mention that we have a new pet. Trigger came all the way from Arkansas to meet his cowboy. Wyatt is in love and we really appreciate the fun early birthday present Nannie and Papa.

Wyatt meeting Trigger. His BFF Rufus was showing him how a cowboy rides.
 
Ok back to the story we traveled to Austin for Connor's birthday on the weekend of July 13. My parents followed us and went to Ben and Ann's house when they got in town. It was a blessing that my parents were in town that weekend as Matthew ended up having an overnight stay in the hospital. All ended up being fine, he just lost a little more weight than the doctors had liked. He was having reflux and some trouble eating but is doing great and got the all clear from the doctors. I am sure Ben and Ann were grateful that my parents were in town and I know that my parents were happy to be in  if for comfort to Ben and Ann if nothing else.

Saturday Terri and I had a girls day at the spa. We both got our hair done and I personally enjoyed every second of it! It is nice to have a little girl time every once in a while. The guys took the boys for lunch, ice cream, swimming, and I believe they watched a lot of sports. Terri and I spent the day talking, laughing, talking, and laughing. We went to dinner that night and essential made a day of it with the Shellenberger family.
Sunday Daniel, Wyatt, and I met his mom for lunch before she headed off for work.  It was nice to visit with her and talk about the plans for next weekend. Before we knew it, it was time to head over to Ben and Ann's house.

We knew they had  been preoccupied with Matthew having been in the hospital and that mama and I were going to be putting most things together. Connor's party was at the Little Gym so that cut down on decorations and really having to do anything once it started.
Mama and I quickly swung into action setting the food, decorations. favors, etc up once we arrived.

Looks like everything is ready! Lets have a 3rd birthday party! 



Cake, pizza, fruit, chips...what more could a kid want?
 

We let Ben and Ann visit with their friends while Daddy and Daniel kept an eye on Connor and Wyatt. Everything worked out perfectly and the party was a lot of fun. The Little Gym did a great job running games and keeping the kiddos and parents busy. They played with hula hoops (lilly pads), a parachute, swam in the river (moon walk), popped popcorn (balls), became a train, kept bubbles from hitting the ground, and had fun on all the equipment. It was obvious all of Connor's friends had a great time!


Birthday Boy!!
  Wyatt was a little young to participate but had fun playing before the party during free play. Daniel did a great job keeping up with him, so I could take pictures of all the guests and the birthday boy. To be honest, Daniel and I really haven't been to very many children's birthday parties so we take it all in. In fact, unfortunately we miss parties often due to our traveling lifestyle, so I think we have only made it to one other than Connor's 1st party years ago.  This was Wyatt's first kiddo birthday party and he really didn't know what to think...but had fun!


This is fun!!!
 




 



Guys, Guys, I wanna play...



Lots of action...




The Gang!




  




Pizza time with Mater and your BFF
 
 When it was time to blow out the candle Connor got a little confused and went for the hand snuff method. Luckily, someone grabbed his hand before he could..which he thought was hilarious but did end up blowing it out. He loved having everyone sing to him and broke out in a big smile and started clapping!
 


  I am certain the birthday boy decided the party was a success..The smile on his face says it all! Ben and Ann we had a great time  spending time with you and seeing your friends. You guys have a great group of friends in Austin that are always so welcoming to us.

We got very lucky as shortly after the party started the skies opened up and it rained cats, dogs, goats, pigs, etc for hours. We ended up having to just make a run for it, as we had to get on the road. We stopped by Daniel's parents to pick up our doggies (whom we dropped off before lunch)  and headed back to Willis. We had another fun filled great weekend in Austin celebrating. Monday morning I found myself  quickly getting geared for a week of mentally planning out Wyatt's party in my head. This would go here and that there. The party bar was set high with the Little Gym party and I suddenly got very afraid.! HA! We had one week and we were making the trip back to Austin for Wyatt's first birthday!

0 comments: