Monday, July 28, 2008

What happened to the water?

So last week I started thinking about the travel to another location and began planning the packing process. Its not like it is a huge job but we do have a few more things set up than just regular RV r's...kitchen things, dog kennels, picture frames, all our summer clothes, a portable closet, etc. So that is on my mind..as well as realizing that we do not have a lot of time left in this area. This lead me to plan (and I don't normally plan at all..but you know this) several things with friends in the area and I can't wait to see everyone.. After a full blow migraine on Tuesday and Wednesday I have also decided to again analyze my meal plan and anything I think might be a trigger.

Thursday I met a friend from college Julie and her family in Springfield at Bass Pro Shops. I had not seen Julie in a very long time and it was so nice to meet her little ones and her husband Billy. They are currently stationed in Fort Leonardwood MO, after a tour in Germany for many years. Unfortunately Billy had neck surgery this summer but is doing well! We walked around, looked at the animals, and watched the fish feeding. It was so nice to catch up with her and made me look forward to someday having little ones! We also promised we would get together again before we leave the area so Daniel and Billy can meet.

Friday Daniel and I made the trip to Ozark for the weekend. We had plans to float the Mulberry and again Daniel tells me he has never been canoing!! I know right!!! I called on Wed, Thurs, and Fri to check on the water level and much to my complete surprise...the water was too low and almost gone on Sat morning!!! I know...What happened to the water??? We had already decided to kayak and not canoe because the water was a little low and to protect our marriage I decided it would be best to be in different water crafts! So, I take after my dad..I didn't want to yell all day!! I was bummed and he was as well. I do know however Daniel was excited to get to use the chain-saw on mama and daddy's farm all day!! It was so hot I tried to stay inside and do the 10 loads of laundry we had and get out of helping him! I did have to help however, he finally decided it was to hot to work outside. We again had a great time in Ozark and got more clearing done for my parents!! They love having us there and we never want to leave!!..ok well I don't !
Well back to more packing and organizing of our things!

1 comments:

Our European adventure... said...

We had a blast seeing you too!! We need to plan something before your schedule is all booked up. :)

Love ya,
JULIE