Thursday, October 18, 2012

Places to go and People to see

So I was a horrible blogger..zero pictures from our packed weekend (3 weekends ago). :( I really meant to...but just never took any. I know Andrea got one of us together..but I am not sure she got my good side. HA!

Three weekends ago we were packed with people to see and places to go. Wyatt and I spent the week doing our normal normal. You know playing, playing, singing, clapping, running, hiking, etc. I was more than excited when I found out one of my bffs was going to Dallas for a birthday weekend trip. Her husband contacted me to see if we wanted to come over and meet them for brunch. It is about two and a half hours for us and we jumped at the chance to see our sweet friends Andrea and Marshall.

Saturday Daniel's mom and Aunt were in the area visiting a cousin. They came in to watch his cousins boys play football on Thursday and Friday. We drove over mid day on Saturday and Wyatt was full of energy when we arrived. Daniel, Glen, the boys and I watched several football games, and played. I was certainly outnumbered in a house of 6 boys! HA! The other ladies arrived after attending a conference in the afternoon and I enjoyed the female company. Wyatt explored all over the house then after dinner was in no mood to play. His Mimi and Aunt Martha really got cheated on that deal...but he needed to go to sleep! We drove home late that evening to get ready for a day trip to Dallas.

Saturday we met Andrea and Marshall for brunch at Corner Bakery before they headed back to AR. I am so glad we were able to meet up with them. Daniel had not seem them since March. I was able to see Andrea when I traveled to AR for the KD reunion in July, but our times together are always too short. We were able to have a nice quick visit, give each other a hug, and fill up our hearts with friend love! :) Thank you guys for the shoes! Wyatt loves them! We really appreciate it!

Like I said..not great. It was cold, we were in a hurry and the wind was blowing my dress in every direction. Even filling it up! HA! Oh well it is a picture I will always cherish regardless!
Unfortunately Jill and Jason were not able to meet us. Boo to sick bffs. They all shared a virus that weekend and were kind enough to keep it at home. We missed seeing you guys, but know you were resting up! Glad you are feeling better!

While in town we visited my grandmother and uncle. Wyatt and Daniel were able to get in a good nap and I helped my grandmother with a few things around the house. We also made a yummy lemon cake. She also always spoils me with banana bread when we visit. Daniel and Wyatt are quite fond of it as well! Thanks for letting us hang out for a few hours and I know Wyatt enjoyed crawling around!

We left my grandmothers house and headed over to another bff's Rebecca and Robs. I had a few things to drop off for her before the baby arrived. She was so cute showing me all the baby things, the nursery and her plans, and everything for baby. We visited for a couple hours  before it was time to hit the road to head home. I am so glad we were able to see you both. Since then they welcomed Cooper Edward Lee 5lb 15oz 19in.  on October 4. We are thrilled for your family and know you are going to be amazing parents.  Cooper is one lucky little guy! 
I can't wait to get my hands on this little love!
 The next weekend we did a while lot of relaxing. Daniel had a ton of school work so we stayed close to home. Wyatt and I have been discovering lots of new sensory and creative play ideas.  
 
So we played with all sorts of new fun things. It was chilly here - we snuggled, laughed, had several dance parties, and clicked and clacked all over the place! All in all it was a great weekend! Both our teams won that makes for happy mama and daddy!
This cluster just cracks me up...







 

 Finally, after lots of thought and uncertainty about this rotation we have decided to move again. It is not that we do not like it here because we do however, it became a real possibility that the census  at the place where D is working could become low. That is always scary for us. So we decided to look for another assignment. Luckily we found one. So at the end of the month we will be moving again. Of course last week while making this decision, Daniel and Wyatt were both sick. Umm..no! I got it before..well at least I thought I did..now I really get it that when daddy and baby are sick..mama  works overtime! HA!
T

They both felt bad over the weekend so our plans for the pumpkin path were postponed. We did do a short family hike on Sunday. It wasn't anything fantabulous, but it was family time and we were outside.
 



 Then little guy did this and all the whining from not feeling well was all worth it! :)
We have plans to fill our last weekend here with a trip to the pumpkin patch, the historic downtown area, and packing. Hope all is well with each of you and I certainly will do better at taking pictures!

0 comments: