Thursday, June 28, 2012

Father's Day, Cruising, and Talking

New traditions were made as this was the first official father's day for Daniel and Wyatt and I tried or hardest to make it extra special. We wanted to go to an Astro's game, but they were out of town. The weekend before and after we had commitments when they were playing in the area. We were going to make a fun in sun beach weekend of it in Galveston but, apparently everyone had that idea. Hotel rooms were more than we wanted to spend for an impromptu weekend. Then we decided to see a movie. Clearly we are still "new" at this child thing because its rating didn't cross our mind. Quickly that was out. Wyatt and I were prepared and had made an "I love you because..." bag out of fun treats like Cheetos, Reeses cups, 100 Grands, etc. Like We love you 100 Grand, We always Cheer (Cheetos) you on at CrossFit, Daddy=Joy (Almond Joy), etc. He thought it was cute!  We also made a special keepsake bat for for ticket stubs and pictures of games he and Wyatt attend.  He LOVED this! I figure it is a great keepsake for both of them.





Saturday I decided we should take a quick trip over to Huntsville to check out the downtown area. It was filled with antique shops. I am certain Daniel was  not impressed but, it is definitely a place I will go with my parents when they visit. Wyatt relaxed and looked around at all the fun stuff.


Little man is continuing to come more vocal. He loves to talk to his wooden spoon, water bottle, and Sofie. He is a fan of banging on pots and pans and feeling textures.  I love letting him feel things and watch him just study to see what is going on with that object. He is a character! Still can't believe how fast he is growing!

0 comments: