Monday, December 8, 2008

Thanksgiving and Its Beginning To Look Like Christmas...

Thanksgiving this year..one word awesome! We got home around 3 am and mama loves to chat it up when we get there so I didn't go to bed until 5. We got up on Thursday to watch the parade and made sweet potatoes, a family Bing Cherry salad, and my dad's famous (after this year) relish tray. Daddy was in charge of going to the store and we all know he doesn't do that well. He bought every kind of pickle, relish, olives, cranberries, and antipasta they had. He gave us so many options..it became a joke at the house. I only took half of what he bought the Shawn's house and it was at least 30 containers! Everything was super yummy and we had such a good time. We had not had the chance to see most of the family since our wedding last Nov and even then we didn't get to chat much. It was so nice to catch up. laugh, and just hang out with everyone! I totally forgot to take pictures as we were so busy visiting. boo

Friday we did a little low key shopping and then headed to dinner with Kylie and Brett and Andrea and Marshall at Weiderkehrs. It was the first time for us to be back since our wedding and it was so nice. We had a great time hearing all about their daily happenings and holidays. We really miss getting together with you guys!! It was so much fun!!!

Kylie, Brett, Andrea, Marshall, Me and Daniel


Saturday Daniel and daddy went quail and pheasant hunting. They got up super early and were out all day. I know they had a great time and we heard all about how the dogs hunted! Daniel had a great time hunting Daddy - he still talks about it. While they were hunting Mama and I went antique shopping..I had some very specific items I was searching for and I found them!! We were super low key that night watching SNL as all of us were exhausted. We all relaxed Sunday morning and Daniel and I hit the road early as the weather was predicting snow for our entire drive back. The weather was right but we didn't have any problems thank goodness. We had a great time mama and daddy thank you so much for letting us come in and relax. We always have a blast and enjoy all the room!!

We wanted to wait until this past weekend to put up our tree but on Thursday it happened. This is the first year in my life I have not had a real tree and it is the earliest I have ever put one up. I know it doesn't make sense in our 400 square feet to really decorate so I made it special. We have sunflowers from the rehearsal dinner and silver balls from our reception. Daniel added a few Family Guy characters and we found some funny RV ornaments and they fit our tree nicely. A tree does make it feel more like Christmas.

We had a great weekend of shopping, relaxing, and spending time with Daniels work friends. Friday was date night with dinner and a movie! We never go to the movies and were both very excited! We saw 4 Christmases and both thought it was super funny. Saturday we shopped for winter clothes for Daniel..that is not an easy task. The lines at Kohl's were so long!! We ended the day meeting up with Daniels co-workers and then out to the Old Market. He works with some of the nicest people and we had a great time with them. We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing trying to stay warm.


It snowed 2 times this week and has been so so so cold. I do have to say the weather man is scaring me by the "snow storm/blizzard conditions" they are predicting for Monday night. I am excited but not ready for a blizzard!! Daniel is on his way to work!
We are still having a great time and making memories but miss everyone! Hope you are all great! Christmas is coming fast!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I love your little tree. I can see you talking about it for years to come. "Do you remember the little tree..."

Good luck with the blizzard! I would like a little snow about now, but that might be taking it a bit extreme! = )

Our European adventure... said...

Merry Christmas!!