Monday, August 18, 2008

Ok so as promised Daniel and I decided since we aren't sure where we are traveling next...to have a weekend where nothing was planned. The only thing I had was a wedding shower on Saturday. Friday night has become our date night so we took a risk on Mexican restaurant in town. I will have to say it didn't compare to my favorite Chuy's in Austin and the salsa I dream about..but it was good and the salsa was pretty darn good! Daniel says I am a snob about salsa and ketchup..ok so I might be!! ;)

I had thrown out the idea of going to the drive-in and Daniel was so excited. He again, to my surprise, had never been to a drive in! My parents used to take us all the time when we were little. I am not a big Batman fan (Daniel did want to see it) and its a double feature was Journey to the Center of the Earth. The weather could not have been better and to our suprise Route 66 Historic Drive in Theater was just like an old one!! I did like movies and if it works out..we want to go back! FUN!

Saturday we got up early and Daniel again begged for me to make breakfast... he usually gets a quick no. He asked about 14 more times and I finally said alright. I didn't want to go the store so I got out healthy breakfast fixings. When he saw what I was making I thought he was going to cry! He wanted pancakes, eggs, and bacon!! I said "Seriously!! Seriously... Ok lets go the store." The entire time there he kept asking for pancakes but got the hint and settled with bacon, eggs, and toast. Before I knew it he had eaten the ENTIRE PACKAGE of bacon minus 2 pieces..Later he said his stomach hurt (reallly)! Who eats an entire package of bacon?!?!

Later that afternoon my pareents called and said they were coming up to see their favorite band. They have followed Reba Russell for years and are on a first name basis with them. My parents love a chance to hear them and I am pretty fond of them also. Today is my parents 35th wedding anniversary and since my mom's school began today they decided to celebrate early. It was super fun to be able to go out with them!! I can't wait to do it again!



The rest of the weekend was very relaxing with great weather, a nap, and a run with the dogs! Enjoy the pics!

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Morgan would have the same response to a "real" breakfast. Although he likes the Irish puddings for breakfast as well. YUCK!

I love the new background and pictures!