Thursday, March 1, 2012

7 months and the RODEO

I am still having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that Wyatt is 7 months old. Honestly, I still can't believe we have a baby! HA! (Yes..I am still working on the traveling post..a lot happened blowout, bumper falling off, etc, and I want Wyatt to know all the details of his first few weeks!)

The little guy is full of life babbling up a storm, constantly moving, and I believe will be crawling in the near future. He has 9 teeth and prefers his food to have some substance..none of this thin stuff! He is hilarious when he eats and after each bite will make a noise of yum, ummmm, yum ymm, and mmmmm. He is currently eating rice and oatmeal cereal, applesauce, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, yellow squash, green beans, sweet peas, avocado, pears, banana, and cantaloupe. He has tried oranges and strawberries but I am waiting on those a little longer. Daniel and I both swear he said mum mum or mumma the other day while I was preparing his breakfast. He is eating 3 meals followed by a bottle and "snack" bottle in the afternoon. He is doing really well with a sippie cup and we are offering it at meal time and "snack."At his 6 month check up he was 20lb 2 oz and had a height of 26.5 in. He is wearing 3-6 month clothes, 6 month, and some 12 with room to grow because it has been so hot. We are using cloth diapers so the disposals I buy last a long time and I always get at least one size up, he is in a 4 and they are large but he doesn't mind! He is still a pretty good napper. One in the morning, another mid, day and then one long late afternoon. I think the midday nap might be coming to an end because it seems to only really happen if we are out and about. He will nap in his car-seat like a champ and it makes life so much easier when running errands. He loves his bouncy seat (thanks Andrea) and jumping up and down either on our laps or in this big bouncer (that is what we call it..thanks Michelle) as well as dancing. He thinks peekaboo is hilarious, any tickle game, and clapping. He loves being on the floor playing with toys he loves trucks, small cars, blocks, his steering wheel, and crinkly things. The floor is also a favorite spot so he can roll around, get up and rock in the crawling position, and play with the dogs. Hershey is completely in love with him and can't lick his feet enough. He loves going on runs and riding in the stroller. I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time outside.
We decided when we heard the rodeo was coming to town we were game and it just worked out that Professional Bull Riding was on the same Saturday as the barbeque cook-off. We had a blast! Wyatt loved dancing, looking around, and was such a good boy he even took a few naps. We arrived early enough to walk around before PBR started. The work that goes into the cook-off is amazing..its like full on restaurants and bars are built for show! We walked around the carnival and he just took it all in.

The bull riding was really fun to watch. I had not experienced professional bull riding in person and it is just as much fun as I thought it would be. A guy from AR won so I really felt like it was a win win! As we were leaving we stopped at the wine garden and listened to Charlie Robinson (a Texan) sing My Hometown! We had another great weekend!
I hope this post made sense..I have a horrible sinus infection and think I am finally starting to turn a corner on it! Regardless I had to get this posted...what the fans want..the fans get! HA! Hope you are great!

0 comments: