Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Adventures of new food...and T minus one week!!

We celebrated with brownie cake on Sunday evening as a little late 6 month birthday for Wyatt. You can pass on a time for cake...right?!?!
Monday I headed back to Daniel's sisters house to keep her kiddos for the night while she worked. They were all good although, I will say I was tired because adding in 5 extra kiddos will wear a girl out. The oldest ones were a huge help especially when I would ask questions like..what do you eat for breakfast, do I make it, where are the diapers, where are your shoes, what do you wear to school, who wears what size, do I fix your hair, you gave them candy..how much, how does your mom warm up milk? HA! Everyone has their way of doing things and I didn't want to mess it up! One of the little girls didn't want to go to sleep, which is normal, but asking if we can party at 4 am...whew. All in all they were outstanding and I would watch them anytime!

I took these last weekend and thought they were so cute..this may the little one that didn't want to sleep! :) She loved dressing up her Uncle Daniel....


So we have been on the rice cereal bandwagon for almost a month when it became apparent something needed to change. He was hungry! To be honest this is the same reason we started rice cereal when we did. He ate the cereal like a champ so I began researching new food options. Pulling from my nutrition background I knew I wanted something with protein and not just carbohydrates and not sweet as to "delight" he pallet. I ended up going with butternut squash. We Skyped with my parents while he took his first bite. At first he wasn't so sure but ended up loving it. We started slow because I was afraid of tummy troubles however, we had none! We have since moved onto avocado and a love has been born.


Daniel has one week left of school we could not be more excited! Whew! I hope that when Wyatt starts school the calculus concepts will not have changed again! HA!

And just in case you have been wondering we haven't forgotten about our other babies....they are so mistreated!

0 comments: